From the IAI report of Primary Aluminum Production, the capacity for Q1 2020 to Q4 2020 of primary aluminum about 16,072 thousand metric tonnes.
Primary aluminium is aluminium tapped from electrolytic cells or pots during the electrolytic reduction of metallurgical alumina (aluminium oxide). It thus excludes alloying additives and recycled aluminium.
Primary aluminium production is defined as the quantity of primary aluminium produced in a defined period. It is the quantity of molten or liquid metal tapped from the pots and that is weighed before transfer to a holding furnace or before further processing.
The IAI Statistical System is designed to meet the requirement that, in general, individual company data be included only within appropriately aggregated totals by declared geographical areas and not be reported separately. The declared geographical areas and the primary aluminium producing countries which fall in those areas are as follows:
- Africa: Cameroon, Egypt (12/1975-Present), Ghana, Mozambique (7/2000-Present), Nigeria (10/1997-Present), South Africa
- Asia (ex China): Azerbaijan*, Bahrain (1/1973-12/2009), India, Indonesia* (1/1973-12/1978), Indonesia (1/1979-Present), Iran (1/1973-6/1987), Iran* (7/1987-12/1991), Iran (1/1992-12/1996), Iran* (1/1997-present), Japan* (4/2014-Present), Kazakhstan (10/2007-Present), Malaysia*, North Korea*, Oman (6/2008-12/2009), Qatar (11/2009-12/2009), South Korea (1/1973-12/1992), Tadzhikistan* (1/1973-12/1996), Tadzhikistan (1/1997-Present), Taiwan (1/1973-4/1982), Turkey* (1/1975-2/1976), Turkey (3/1976-Present), United Arab Emirates (11/1979-12/2009)
- China: China (01/1999-present)
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC): Bahrain (1/2010-Present), Oman (1/2010-Present), Qatar (1/2010-Present), Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (1/2010-Present)
- North America: Canada, United States of America
- South America: Argentina, Brazil, Mexico (1/1973-12/2003), Suriname (1/1973-7/2001), Venezuela
- West Europe: Austria (1/1973-10/1992), France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Netherlands* (1/2014-Present), Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (1/1973-4/2006), United Kingdom* (1/2017-Present)
- East & Central Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina* (1/1981-Present), Croatia*, German Democratic Republic* (1/1973-8/1990), Hungary* (1/1973-6/1991), Hungary (7/1991-1/2006), Hungary (7/1991-1/2006), Montenegro (6/2006-Present), Poland*, Romania*, Russian Federation* (1/1973-8/1994), Russian Federation (9/1994-Present), Serbia and Montenegro* (1/1973-12/1996), Serbia and Montenegro (1/1997-5/2006), Slovakia* (1/1975-12/1995), Slovakia (1/1996-Present), Slovenia* (1/1973-12/1995), Slovenia (1/1996-Present), Ukraine* (1/1973-12/1995), Ukraine (1/1996-Present)
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
Original Link: www.world-aluminium.org/statistics/